____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Blue Celtic Knot

Sherwood,Arkansas

Blue Celtic Knot

Postby Sam » Tue Sep 19, 2017 1:16 pm

As everyone who knows me knows, I'm of Irish decent.....Soooo one of the things I love to paint is the Celtic knot designs. I don't always follow tradition...which is making them with variations of colours...which I will admit if absolutely beautiful especially if you add the Illuminated letters with it.
This knot is one of my nontraditional colourings plus I didn't use a normal Celtic nature colour for when that is done. It is my favorite blue which I call Virgin Mary Blue :)
Wish I could say I have just painted this....wish I could say I've just painted a lot of things but as I like to say, I'm so far behind I'm going backwards right now But at least I finally got a photo of the box top with the correct colour. See what happens when you get your camera repaired?

Celtic knots are NOT hard to to....you just have to remember which part goes over and which goes under at all times. It is terrible to fire and find that you have one side on the top and the other going under. So if you decide to do some, be sure to check, re check and check again before putting in the kiln.
Attachments
blue celtic knot sm.JPG
Sam

Re: Blue Celtic Knot

Postby shirleygambrell » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:14 pm

Thanks for sharing. I love to paint things like this and they sell good.
Shirley Gambrell in Morehead City, NC
shirleygambrell

Postby kerrimanuel » Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:08 pm

I am part Irish too, I love this!
kerrimanuel

Postby Reney » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:44 pm

Very nice Alice, we did these in class and I really enjoyed them, but we did them with flowers and the knot was intertwined. Thanks for sharing. F ;thanks;
Reney

Postby Sam » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:12 pm

Right now I"m so far behind I'm going backwards. We've been remodeling for the past two years....in between visits to the hospital. So as soon as I get halfway caught up I plan to do several more knots and get them up here...a couple will be simple and the others will be gradually more complicated. I already have the designs drawn, it is just finding time to paint
Sam

Postby marcib » Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 pm

This is a cool design . Thank you for posting this, Sam ...
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Postby maryann » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:57 am

I love the knot. I admire you designing your own. I can't even begin to wrap my brain around Celtic Knots. They are magic.
Maryann
maryann

Return to Alice Wofford