____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Mary Gosden

Marci says:" Tell us about yourself and post a picture."

Mary Gosden

Postby maryg » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:40 pm

My name is Mary Gosden and I live on Long Island, New York, USA. I grew up in a tiny rural village just south of Syracuse, NY, and attended Syracuse University for a bachelor's degree in Music. (long story...)I have been drawing and painting my whole life, but started painting by commission at age 14, in 1979. I began china painting with Christine Filpi, here on Long Island in 1996, when my son was 2 years old (and I could escape for a few hours one evening per week.) My husband is an elementary art teacher and he grew up here in Floral Park. Our son is in 10th grade and into art as well. As soon as I began china painting, I was hooked. It's my passion, over other visual art media, and I pursue it with wild abandon! I do my own sandblasting and some glass fusing, as well. I have been teaching seminars for a few years and hope to have many more. Our family is completed by a 6 yr old westie and a 4 yr old schnoodle, who are so full of life and so much fun! I look forward to seeing familiar faces here, and meeting all the new ones!Image
Last edited by maryg on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Gosden on Long Island, NY

www.marygosdenstudio.com
maryg

Re: Mary Gosden

Postby Karen » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi Mary, Snap! I've a Bachelor of Music Hons. Degree from University of Surrey UK! I studied the Violin etc quite a few years ago now (sadly!) I had to give up about 5/6 years ago due to RA (rheumatoid arthritis) Boo! Hoo! What's your 'long story'? Not to worry though there's still painting and dogs too!!!! See you around on here I expect, Karen xx (UK)
Karen

Postby cynthia » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:32 am

Hi, Mary. Good to see your work here as on CT. Thanks for sharing. :wave:
Cynthia Pinnell
Graham, TX
cynthia

Postby pajlee » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:08 pm

You been holding out on us darlin... expect to hear you sing at the next PPIO get together!!!! :)

Paige
Paige in Omaha
pajlee

Postby maryg » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:28 pm

Hey, Paige, I never said I was a vocalist! :wave: I'm a percussionist! My son sings, though, so you can listen to him when I put him up on You Tube! He is AWESOME!
Karen from UK: hi! Long story short, I showed my portfolio and was accepted at Syracuse University as a fine art major, then I auditioned and was accepted as a music major. I was awarded scholarships from both art and music dept.s, and I decided to take the one that offered more money, music. I had always been torn as to go for music or art, so.... money was the decision maker. Near the end of univ., I realised I didn't see myself teaching in a school, and I had missed art for 4 years. I took a few jobs after college, and worked my way into an offset printing firm and taught myself graphic arts and did all the photography and negative stripping for 4 color process printing. I still perform on occasion, for local community theatre and would love to play tympani in a symphony one of these years... Thanks for asking! WE have a lot of weird in common, eh???
Hi, Cynthia!!! How've you been? Love to all, Mary
Mary Gosden on Long Island, NY

www.marygosdenstudio.com
maryg

Postby leonard » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:06 am

Audiomicro.com offers original Royalty free music and Sound Effects .You can find large catalog of sound effect tracks. you can also buy sound effects using a Pay Per Download or Subscription Package, then download original files any time. you can get very good quality music and sound effect(Hip-Hop, Dance, Techno, Jazz, Chillout, Drum and Bass etc.) for very cheap prices.
leonard

Return to Say " Hi !"