____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Chris Ryder - UK

Marci says:" Tell us about yourself and post a picture."

Chris Ryder - UK

Postby Christine Bennetts » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:05 am

Chris Ryder - HI 002 2.jpg

Chris Ryder
Tan Y Ffridd
Llangower
Bala
Gwynedd
LL23 7DA
UK

A chance invitation by a friend to a china painting demonstration in the early 1980's awakened many forgotten dreams and changed Chris' life. She began lessons every week traveling over 70 miles return from her home to be taught by two of England's highly regarded artists, Pat King and Rosina Ayton. She has also been fortunate to have studied with some of the best artists in the United States, Spain and France.

Chris helped to develop the art herself and shared the enthusiasm she felt with her students. In Kent Chris ran a weekly class for almost 10 years, with her students keen to learn the skills picked up from Pat and Rosina.

In 1990 Chris got the chance to settle with her family in the heart of North Wales, where she still lives today on the shores of Bala Lake taking inspiration from the surrounding natural beauty. Chris holds weekly classes in Bala attended by many students, she also organises an annual exhibition which attracts many visitors.

Chris also runs a summer school where people from all over Europe come to study with some of the bests artists around.

Recently Chris has visited Southport where she helped The Cava Queen :) with a 3 day residential seminar by teaching 2 versions simultaneously of a Pink Tree Peony. One version was modern and one was impressionistic! Both gorgeous and the Cava Queen is jealous!

Contact Chris for Summer School and class information.

This is the impressionistic version of the Tree Peony Chris taught in Southport! ;thumps;
Chris Ryder - HI 001 2.jpg

This is the modern version! (Sorry about the lighting - that's my fault!)
Chris Ryder - HI 005 2.jpg
The back also has flaking and I-Relief!
Chris Ryder - HI 004 2.jpg

Here is Chris on the left with Joyce who along with everyone else produced beautiful work! Lady Chardonnay and Elizabeth can also be seen gloating in the background! :)
Chris Ryder - HI 003 2.jpg

Thank you Chris! ;clap;
Christine in Southport,UK
Christine Bennetts

Re: Chris Ryder - UK

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:22 am

Oh, it was a wonderful workshop! And I am pleased to have this opportunity to say a big thank you to Chris and to Christine to bring about a long-held wish to do a workshop with Chris! I absolutely loved it and am busy finishing off my vase and am working on another piece in tandem based on the workshop techniques just to reinforce what I have learnt.
Once again, THANK YOU CHRIS. Regards, Elizabeth
Elizabeth

Postby wild plum gallery » Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:32 am

:artist: Now who would have thought that there was more than one way to paint the same flower! :ptL: BOTH are just wonderful!!!! It's a pleasure to be introduced to you. :howdy; ;love2;
Scot Mauldin
Lexington, GA
http://www.wildplumgallery.com
wild plum gallery

Postby cobra » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Sick as a parrot that I can't go to seminars on weekdays. I wanted to do this. ;bird: Cobra
cobra

Postby geniusC » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:39 pm

Thanks for the free study. I appreciate your help!
George ;thumps;
geniusC

Return to Say " Hi !"