____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Betty G.

Marci says:" Tell us about yourself and post a picture."

Betty G.

Postby bettyg » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:16 pm

Hi,
I am Betty G., the 'other half' of the two founders of PPIO. I'm finally posting to the Forum. Marci has done an amazing job setting all of this up.

As most of you may know, I live on the Big Island of Hawaii. I moved there from Southern California in April, 2000, shortly after I retired from my job as a computer programmer with Los Angeles County.

Besides painting in porcelain, I also work in Watercolors. I have always wanted to paint with watercolor and I decided that, when I moved to Hawaii, I would find a teacher. I love watercolors. I go to watercolor classes twice a week, Mondays and Wednesdays.

I teach porcelain painting classes twice a week (Thursdays and Saturdays) in the studio located downstairs in my home. I mostly started teaching because there were no other china painters (that I know of) here on the Big Island and some of my watercolor friends wanted to learn. I have been teaching now for about 6 years and I love it.

I belong to a local artists cooperative, the Kailua Village Artists, here on the west side of the Big Island. There are currently about 15 members. At present, I am the Vice President. We manage the gallery ourselves, each member working in the gallery about 2 or 3 times a month. It is a nice arrangement and allows us to have a say in what goes in the gallery and how our work is displayed.

Unlike Marci, I only have one cat. His name is Dancer. Until recently, the only animal I had was my cat, Dancer. But, a couple of weeks ago, a Moscovy Duck adopted me. I'm told that it is probably a female. She just appeared downstairs, outside my studio, and decided to stay. I have been feeding her, but I'm trying to find a home for her because my front yard (mostly pavement) is not very suitable for a duck. I have recently found some possible places for her and now I'm working on a method of catching her. She is very skittish.

As you might guess, my life is full and I keep pretty busy. If you would like to see my paintings, watercolor, porcelain and some colored pencil, my web site is http://www.bettygerstner.com. I also have a page on the PPIO web site.

Betty Gerstner
Betty-250x235.jpg
Betty G.
Betty-250x235.jpg
Betty G.
Dancer-2008-05-28-049.jpg
Dancer
Dancer-2008-05-28-044.jpg
Dancer
bettyg

Re: Betty G.

Postby SACHI » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:37 pm

Hello Betty!

I am Sachi from Japan.I cannot thank you enough for your great labour for PPIO List.
Looking forward to seeing more and more your paintings here,too. ;rose2;
SACHI

Postby marcib » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:26 am

Hey Betty ,
Its about time you posted ;roflmao:
Love the pix of Dancer ... He's a cutie pie... Moof does the same thing ( rolling over on his back like a dog ) ..
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Postby lisamac » Mon Feb 01, 2010 9:24 am

Hi Betty!
Wow, finally a face to put with the lady I send my check to every year! I love your cat and the story of the duck. Good luck finding her a home. We had a duck adopt us at our cabin in Michigan and she has come back for 2 years now, along with some of the kids. I've resigned myself to feeding the flock!
Off to look at your website now!!
Lisa
lisamac

Postby judyj » Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:50 am

Wow Betty!!!! So good to hear from you and to see you again....it seems like its been forever since I saw you last! I keep hoping to make it over there one of these days. If I DO make it, I'll be heading to Molokai, but promise to stop on the Big Island as well to say hi. :wave: You're looking great! Keep up your wonderful painting - I enjoy ALL of it.
Judy Jaussaud in the Eastern Washington countryside - in between Naches, Gleed, Selah and Yakima. judyjaussaud@charter.net
judyj

Location: In Gleed, Washington - West of Yakima & East of Naches

Return to Say " Hi !"