____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Hi to All from Carol in Cocoa Beach, Florida

Marci says:" Tell us about yourself and post a picture."

Hi to All from Carol in Cocoa Beach, Florida

Postby CBCarol » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:38 pm

Hi to All of You out there,
I have been China Painting since 1999 (taking off almost 5 years - because of several surgeries).
I did all kinds of Ceramics for about 25 years; while working and raising my family. I did do some "China Painting style" painting with underglazes & loved it. I also did a lot of freeform modeling with my ceramics.
I am the eldest of 12 children (Mom's still Kicking hard). I have my Husband of 54 1/2 years & we have 5 children,..... currently 53, 52, 51, 49 & 45. 13 Grandchildren, 33, 27, 25, 24, 22, 21, 20, 19, 18, 2@16, 15, 7, and 6; and we also have 3 great-grands at ages of: 6, 3 1/2 & 1year.
Both my Husband and I were born & raised in Detroit, Michigan & moved to the northeastern suburbs when we married. We lived there in Clinton Twp., Mich. until we retired from General Motors Engineering & moved here to Cocoa Beach, Florida in 1992.
My grandmother was a China Painter..... I think she started when she was about 60 years old. I always liked what she painted and I have many of her pieces...... I was a working girl since I was 14 years old so I really never had time to learn to paint, but it was always in the back of my mind.... so after retiring and moving here to Florida 1992, I kept trying to find a teacher. I finally found one in 1998, at the Brevard Porcelain Art Show & Sale that is held annually on the weekend before Thanksgiving at The Eau Gallie Civic Center in Melbourne, Florida. She was Mary Herzig, and was just starting with Her 1st China Painting classes. She is the only teacher that I ever went to. I have gone to about six seminars & went to 2 Annual Shows & took mini classes & demos from some great artists. I met Gladys Galloway at the last show that she attended. What a Beautiful person she was. ;thanks;
CBCarol

Return to Say " Hi !"