____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Time to say 'hi' for 2010

Marci says:" Tell us about yourself and post a picture."

Time to say 'hi' for 2010

Postby carol.miller » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:42 pm

Hi! My name is Carol Miller and I live in Chino Valley, Arizona, with my other half, Dave. No critters or kids. We adopt our friends families, grandchildren and critters, so I don't know how we would have had time for our own.

I have been china painting off and on for 30 years, and I just do love to paint china. A co-worker brought in a small box that she had painted and I knew that I had to learn how it was done. I don't believe I had ever seen anything painted on china before. I started classes while living in Lake Havasu, Arizona. My first teacher used baby oil as both a mixing and painting medium. It was very slippery and my first pieces show grainy paints, but I knew what my friend had achieved so I kept at it. A few months ago, I started 'teaching' with ladies who have been painting with me under the guidance our great teacher, Irene Riggs. Irene retired to Virginia this spring and passed me the torch, along with a lifetime of supplies. So now the learning really begins!

I still work full time for the City of Prescott, as I have for the past 20 years. I started as a secretary with the Police Department and am now a computer technician for the Information Technology help desk. I hope to retire in four years. Then I can get serious about painting...
Attachments
Carol.jpg
carol.miller

Re: Time to say 'hi' for 2010

Postby jodyiclark » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:58 am

Hi Carol. Nice to see you. Please send more pics of your work. ;welcome;
jodyiclark

Postby Becky Syroka » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:32 pm

Hi Carol,
I love reading about you and putting a face to your name too.
Also enjoyed viewing some of your paintings posted already...look forward to seeing and hearing from you in the future. Thanks so much for posting!
Becky

;thanks; :ppio:
Becky Syroka
Portraits on Porcelain
http:beckysyroka.com
Becky Syroka

Postby Dominique » Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:11 pm

Very pleased to welcome you on the PPIO forum as i was recently. I write you from France i 'm glad to get in touch with so many people all over the world round a same passion.
posting.php?mode=reply&f=6&t=1202#Please show us your work !!!
dominique
Dominique

Return to Say " Hi !"