____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Erma Culver and Maxine Myhre

Erma Culver and Maxine Myhre

Postby marcib » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:58 pm

I recently received a lovely email from Lisa Griffin who is the great granddaughter of Erma and the granddaughter of Maxine . She wanted to honor the work that these two women did and sent me photos of their artwork .
I know you will all enjoy seeing them .
Marci

Clicking on the photos enlarges them

Erma Culver

1-irma pix.jpg

This is some of the many pieces she painted. She was born in 1903, in Noble, Illinois. Erma died in 2000, in Limon, Colorado. I do not know how long she painted. She married Frank Culver in 1920. Erma became a widow in 1982. As Erma aged, she had a caregiver who took much of her art. Our family has yet to find it.

1-irma.jpg

1-irma2.jpg

Maxine Myhre

Maxine was born to Frank and Erma Culver. She was their only child. Maxine was born in 1920, Simla, Colorado. Maxine eventually married Glen Myhre. Maxine died in 2000 in Portland, Oregon. Most of the pieces I have are signed and dated from the 1970's.

This is a picture of Maxine.

1-maxine.jpg

When she passed, her husband gave her art work to his sister. I've seen her paintings on EBay and other sites. I live in Colorado now. I go to Limon occasionally and look thru the antique stores to see if any of my great-grandmother's painted pieces have surfaced yet. Than you so very much for your time and consideration. I'm sure my grandmothers are pleased to know their beautiful pieces are displayed, finally. Sincerely, Lisa Griffin

1-Maxine Micky Myhre.jpg
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Re: Erma Culver and Maxine Myhre

Postby marcib » Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:03 pm

1-maxine 2.jpg

1-maxine3.jpg

1-maxine4.jpg

1-maxine 5.jpg

1-maxine 6.jpg

1-maxine 7.jpg

1-maxine 8.jpg

1-maxine sig.jpg

1-maxine sig 2.jpg
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Re: Erma Culver and Maxine Myhre

Postby Lynn » Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Here are pictures of a plate for sale in the Red Rooster in McCormick, SC. I've been meaning to put this on Facebook to see if anyone knew the painter. The initials on the back of the plate are "EHC" and it is dated 1900. This would be a little before Erma's time. The painting style looks similar to me.
EHC2.jpg
EHC1.jpg
Lynn

Return to Erma Culver and Maxine Myhre