____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Special ornament

Special ornament

Postby Bev Tidd » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:16 pm

I have painted a special ornament as a remembrance to my husband for my son. My husband passed away several years ago now, and although he had no Native American heritage in him, he always felt a connection to that culture. He absolutely loved the "End of the Trail" sculpture and the meaning behind it. He fought a difficult battle medically for probably 20 years and his trail was hard at times.
I decided to try and paint a special ornament for my son as a remembrance of his Dad. I labored long and hard on this one, but the creativity and trial and error to get to the final result was so rewarding. I didn't get this finished in time for Christmas in fact...I just completed it today. So it will be going in the mail to California to them in the morning. I just thought I would share this with you...
DSCF3573 - Copy.JPG

DSCF3571 - Copy.JPG

DSCF3574 - Copy.JPG
Bev in Minnesota, USA
"There is joy bringing forth beauty that comes from your heart...and speaks of who you are."
Bev Tidd

Re: Special ornament

Postby marcib » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:32 pm

WOW, Bev ! This is fabulous !!! I love everything about this . The embellishments really add that special finishing touch . ... and how on earth did you get the writing so perfect? Your son is gonna love this !
And I know that Jackie is smiling down , saying :" Good job, woman !"
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Postby Bev Tidd » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:50 pm

Thank you so much Marci for you kind compliments!!! As to the writing...I pencil in lines to write on, then pencil the actual words to make sure everything is straight and I like the way it fits and looks. Then I take a kneaded eraser and almost take off all of the pencil so the graphite doesn't clog the pen tip...I only leave enough to be able to faintly see to follow.
Bev in Minnesota, USA
"There is joy bringing forth beauty that comes from your heart...and speaks of who you are."
Bev Tidd

Postby annaherring » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:59 pm

This is fabulous! You really captured the spirit and the look of Native American art.
annaherring

Postby Bev Tidd » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:38 pm

Thank you Anna!

Just an additional note...the butterfly may seem out of context on this...but that is my touch of a remembrance of me for my son...I most always add a butterfly on all my ornaments (a symbol of hope and a new beginning).
Bev in Minnesota, USA
Bev Tidd

Postby Reney » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:44 pm

Bev your ornament is absolutely beautiful. What a keepsake. I remember in one of my first ornament exchanges I received a gorgeous large...really large....egg from Jackie and cherish it every Easter when I bring it out. It sits in this big white bunny I have as I try and protect it and this is a soft cushiony bunny. I love it but also your ornament.
Reney

Postby krystalkat » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Bev, this is beautiful! I'm so glad you shared with us! >^..^<
krystalkat

Postby Carol » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:10 pm

Bev,
That is beautiful. You did an excellent job. I am sure that your son will treasure this always .
Thanks for sharing this beautiful tribute with us.
Keep up the excellent work
Carol of Cazenovia
Carol

Postby Bev Tidd » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:37 pm

Thank you Reney, Krystalkat and Carol for the kind words. When I get so sentimentally and emotionally caught up in painting something, I kind of get so excited that I just want to share my experience and end result. I hope this has inspired some one.

Bev
Bev in Minnesota, USA
Bev Tidd

Postby Becky Syroka » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:36 am

Bev,
Absolutely love your ornament.....so creative! Reminds me of a "dream catcher".
Your love and passion for the project shines through in its excellence.
Thanks for posting!
Becky

;clap; ;thumps;
Becky Syroka
Portraits on Porcelain
http:beckysyroka.com
Becky Syroka

Return to Bev Tidd