____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Dicro Slide paper

Dicro Slide paper

Postby Sonja » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:04 am

It is compatible with any fire-able glass. Somehow someone managed to figure out how to dicro coat paper... the rest is history!

It's used exactly like decal paper:

Cut the Dicro Slide into any shape or design you desire, soak the pieces in water for 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove from water, blot excess and carefully slide pieces onto clean glass and fuse according to usual firing schedule. Best to keep the dicro side facing up. You don't have to cap it either! It soaks right down into the glass.

The wine bottle cabs I made came out nice. I cut the glass pieces down to fit the bracelets, added the decal and fuse fired. Looks good on melted beer bottles too!

I purchased the 4x4 chamber patterns in rainbow colors made by Spirit of Glass, Inc. I ordered the large diamond, box, small dots and large dot designs. I don't recall where I purchased them, it was many, many months ago. It's not cheap!!

Diane Guinn
Sonja

Re: Dicro Slide paper

Postby Sonja » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:50 am

Some examples by Diane
Ches.jpg

Chees.jpg

Chees knifes.jpg

If you would like to see more then click on the link below
http://www.dolls-r-us.com/2011_Jewelry/index.html
Sonja

Return to D