____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

INSPIRATION: the insides of waves

Forum rules
There is no time limit on any of the challenges. Feel free to post your paintings into any of the challenge areas at any time.

These can be in ANY medium ...

This is not a contest... no prizes, no critiques ( unless you want one) .. just a way for us all to start at the same place and see what we can come up with ....

So come on and join in

Re: INSPIRATION: the insides of waves

Postby jole » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:02 pm

;bravo; Hi Jill. I love this bowl and the bits of fused glass look wonderful.. great idea..you clever chum... Jole
jole

Postby Becky Syroka » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:13 pm

Jill.....this is absolutely FABULOUS!!!!! I am sooooo impressed!
Becky
Becky Syroka
Portraits on Porcelain
http:beckysyroka.com
Becky Syroka

Postby pajlee » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:05 pm

;notworthy: :urock: ;notworthy:

This is AMAZING, I love it!!! You are so good girl!!!!

Paige
Paige in Omaha
pajlee

Postby eganj1 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:30 am

Thank you all for your comments, I really had fun making this, :) :) :) from making a mould using the outside of a carved wooden thuja burr bowl, to the design and glass work. I think it speaks of me, challenging orginal work has to, so push yourself out of your comfort zone.
I took a short cut and fused and slumped in one fire, the next one will be done properly
This one has a combination of glass frit, china paint and bubble powder. I actually painted some surf breaking using white china paint mixed with water but it doesn't show up enough.
I'm going to do a series of these until the mould breaks up, I think you can get 6 or maybe more fires from castalot depending on the temperature.
Jill in England

My blog-
http://kilnfiredart.wordpress.com/

My websites
http://www.flat-bottles.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kilnfiredart.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eganj1

Postby Sonja » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:46 am

;welcome; Hello Jill,
greatful work ;bravo; ;bravo; ;bravo;
;thanks; sonja ;bravo; :wave:
Sonja

Postby Mary Lou » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:43 pm

Hey Jill, Looks like a great challenge. I cannot join due to time constraints but will follow along. It takes me forever to finish a piece for a challenge. Don't know why. Just does. Who took those pictures? They are unbelievable. Are they photoshopped? Or are they real images? I agree with you. This challenge looks like a great opportunity to work with glass. :) :) :) :) :) It is gonna be fun to follow along on this one. Mary Lou
Mary Lou

Postby jole » Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:04 pm

I already posted here but I think it didn't go thru... anyway Jill this is a little piece of magic you've created here ;bravo; Jole
jole

Postby marcib » Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Mary Lou wrote:Hey Jill, Looks like a great challenge. I cannot join due to time constraints but will follow along. It takes me forever to finish a piece for a challenge. Don't know why. Just does. Who took those pictures? They are unbelievable. Are they photoshopped? Or are they real images? I agree with you. This challenge looks like a great opportunity to work with glass. :) :) :) :) :) It is gonna be fun to follow along on this one. Mary Lou

H mary Lou...
JOIN IN .. .There will be NO time limit on any of the challenges posted . ILl try ot get a different challenge posted a month ... but wanted to leave them open ended so that anyone can join in at any time...

This isnt a contest ... just an interesting exercise on how different artists respond to the same reference material and come up with different ideas... and it can be ANY Medium ... doesnt even have to be fired....

It takes me a long time to finish pieces as well ... but dont let that stop you ...
Thew original photos were posted in another post by Christine Bennetts. They are taken by a professional photographer and there is info about him ( and I think a link back to Christine's original post ) in the 1st post in this topic ( where the photos are ) ...
Apparanetly this guy is also a surfer and took the photos from the insides of waves while surfing.. They are really amazing! ..
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Postby myrnasan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:07 pm

JILL YOUR WAVE IS AWESOME ;bravo; ;bravo; ;bravo; ;bravo; ;bravo; . CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR WORK!

MYRNA
myrnasan

Postby Arrilia » Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:30 pm

Really nice bowl Jill.
Arrilia
Arrilia

PreviousNext

Return to ART CHALLENGE