____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Zentangle Challenge

Forum rules
There is no time limit on any of the challenges. Feel free to post your paintings into any of the challenge areas at any time.

These can be in ANY medium ...

This is not a contest... no prizes, no critiques ( unless you want one) .. just a way for us all to start at the same place and see what we can come up with ....

So come on and join in

Zentangle Challenge

Postby Linda Badger » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:25 pm

LindaBadger20170208 (5).JPG
Iris by Linda Badger Zentangles by Friends in Roanoke Valley Porcelain Artists
My local group of China Painter's Roanoke Valley Porcelain Artists had a SPECIAL Zentangle Challenge for FEBRUARY.

We met at Carol Montgomery's home and did some ZENTANGLES on CHINA plates that we each had pre-fired with an outline of our choice of subjects. We used pen and pen oil, plus dry black china paints.

We all Pre-PAINTED Piece of China with an outline of your own design already inked on with black china paints and then fired, so it won't be smeared when everybody worked on their piece...

A very simple design, such as an outline of a butterfly with areas to be filled in by other people. Or as complicated as you feel comfortable doing. Iris below is what I did. Everybody can add zentangle or doodle the flowers, ground or water. I might add some lusters on top of zentangles after it is fired again.

I invite you to challenge your local groups to share the joy of painting on someone else's plate... My group really enjoyed the exercise.
Attachments
IrisZentangleLindaBadger20170201b.jpg
Iris by Linda Badger before Zentangles were added
CarolMontgomery20170208 (7).JPG
Butterfly by Carol Montgomery and Zentangles by Roanoke Valley Porcelain Artists
KarenSterner20170208 (1).JPG
German Shepard by Karen Sterner and Zentangles by Roanoke Valley Porcelain Artists
Connie20170208 (3).JPG
Butterflies by Connie and Zentangles by Roanoke Valley Porcelain Artists
CorinneAtkinson20170208 (6).JPG
Fish Platter by Corinne Atkinson and Zentangles by Roanoke Valley Porcelain Artists
KarenDavis20170208 (4).JPG
Dragonflies by Karen Davis and Zentangles by Roanoke Valley Porcelain Artists
OpalMontgomery20170208 (2).JPG
Triangular Plate by Opal Montgomery and Zentangles by Roanoke Valley Porcelain Artists
Linda Badger

Return to ART CHALLENGE