____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

ads on the forum

Have a question or comment about the forum ? Post it here.
Forum rules
This is the place for questions, answers and comments about the forum .

You can also PM Marci directly . ( I will post info on how to do that below in the first post)

MOST questions about how to post can be answered by going to the main page of the forum and reading the posts in the HOW TO POST section . ( including how to post photos)

Paige Lukens-Gray has also created some excellent pdf files that explain many things about how to post in an easy -to-print PDF format. Those are also found on the main page right under the HOW TO POST section .

How annoying are the ads on the forum to you ?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:20 am

Extremely annoying.
5%
A little annoying, but I can live with it .
29%
They dont bother me at all.
51%
What ads?
15%

Total votes : 41

Re: ads on the forum

Postby marcib » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:47 am

amkief wrote:Christine,
Hit the ESC key to stop the moving stuff, it usually works.

Arrilia

Thanks ,Arrilia,
Thats a good tip :)
That , combined with the Firefox blocker should help a lot..
Interesting thing with my forum : I see the ads when I m not logged in , but if I log in , they disappear... I know that many of you are still seeing the ads , even when logged in ... so I dont know why Im not... unless it may be something to do with using Firefox as a browser... I dont know..
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Postby wild plum gallery » Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:56 am

Don't know why the op poll radio buttons didn't show up yesterday, but they were there today, so you got my 1/2 cents worth of opinion!
The ad block idea does sound interesting, tell us more!

Marci, you should have figured out by now that I live on the edge. I'm dying to have you and Neil in the same room!! Between yourself, Neil, DI, and me that south may once again endure "a burning"! LOL
Scot Mauldin
Lexington, GA
http://www.wildplumgallery.com
wild plum gallery

Postby eganj1 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:52 pm

Well Marci you should congratulate yourself, all your hard work has paid off , I visit a lot of forums and this one is THE most user friendly by far;thanks;
Jill in England

My blog-
http://kilnfiredart.wordpress.com/

My websites
http://www.flat-bottles.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kilnfiredart.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eganj1

Postby marcib » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:28 pm

wild plum gallery wrote:Don't know why the op poll radio buttons didn't show up yesterday, but they were there today, so you got my 1/2 cents worth of opinion!
The ad block idea does sound interesting, tell us more!

Were you logged in ? The buttons dont show up unless youre logged in .

Marci, you should have figured out by now that I live on the edge. I'm dying to have you and Neil in the same room!! Between yourself, Neil, DI, and me that south may once again endure "a burning"! LOL

I think it s more like in Ghostbusters where theyre warned not to cross the streams ;roflmao:
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
marcib
Site Admin

Postby marcib » Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:34 pm

eganj1 wrote:Well Marci you should congratulate yourself, all your hard work has paid off , I visit a lot of forums and this one is THE most user friendly by far;thanks;

Thanks, Jill... From having used several other forums , like the Buffalo Bills one and the steel guitar forum , among others, :) , I knew what I wanted as far as ease of use... Whether it was available or not was another thing.. Luckily , these guys had everything we needed ... so the small irritations are worth putting up with .. and Im glad that the majority of listers feel the same way .

But its thanks to the participation of everybody here... the lessons, the photos and those who come here to read it all , that we are in the happy position of being " too big to be a regular forum " ...and we are still just in the beginning stages .... ;thumps;
;thankyou; to everyone who has made this forum so successful ....
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
marcib
Site Admin

Postby Alicia Garcia » Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:55 pm

Thanks for asking. I have no problem with ads. I do not see, because when I join the topics that interest me, ignore them.
;thanks;

Warm greetings
Alicia Garcia
From Argentina
Alicia Garcia

Previous

Return to Questions , Answers and Comments