____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Laser cut paper ornament- VIDEO part 1, 2 and 3

Christmas Ornament by Beverly Stone

Re: Laser cut paper ornament- VIDEO part 1

Postby beverly stone » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:46 pm

;clap; Marci,
What Fun! your snowman and snow flake ornament is TERRIF!

Have a Wonderful and Merry trip to Buffalo. and above all be SAFE!

Beverly ;thanks;
beverly stone

Postby Sol Labos Brien » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:16 pm

Yeah! Marci!

Great videos! on how to use the stickers. One of my painting buddies did this on a piggy bank with baby clothes and bottles and booties and stuff. That's another idea of what can be done with stickers.
piggy.JPG
piggy1.jpg

Just curious, where was the camera, around your neck?????

Great way to teach, we should all do this and I am sure by next year you'll see them blooming (videos I mean)..

Have a well deserved rest and enjoy your Holidays! And THANK YOU for all you do for China Painting!

;clap; ;clap; ;clap; ;clap;
Sol
Last edited by Sol Labos Brien on Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sol Labos Brien

Postby eganj1 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:58 am

These lessons are a brilliant idea and i know just how long they take to make and appreciate you doing so much for china painters ;thanks;
I hope you and Rex have a great time
Jill
Jill in England

My blog-
http://kilnfiredart.wordpress.com/

My websites
http://www.flat-bottles.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.kilnfiredart.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eganj1

Re: Laser cut paper ornament- VIDEO part 1 2 & 3

Postby FRBRIQ » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:39 am

Marci,
Thank you for that fun video. Very simple and effective.
have a nice break with no computer at any hand distance. Real break with your family.
Give a pat to Boskie and his (her) mates.
Have a very merry, happy and peaceful Christmas ;choc:
Many wishes for a fruitful 2010 year to see PPIO grow. Thanks for all the care you took this year for us porcelaine painters.
Francoise, Melun, France ;thanks3;
;wink2; Clémentine
and ;wink2; Kero-Zen join me there
Francoise, Melun, France
FRBRIQ

Location: MELUN, 45 kms South from Paris and 15 from Fontainebleau

Postby marcib » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:26 pm

thanks , everybody , for the holiday wishes and the comments about the video ..

This is just the beginning of new possibilities for PPIO... something I ve wanted to do for a long time...

Im one of those people who has to see it to learn it.. so Im hoping that the ability to present videos will be helpful to others who learn the way I do .. Got a lot more planned for the future... :)
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Re: Laser cut paper ornament- VIDEO part 1, 2 and 3

Postby Martha » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:47 pm

;woohoo; Seeing is believing for a beginner ----- now that I've seen your wonderful demo, I believe I can do it!! Thank you and a big kitty kiss from my Miss Beanie to Boskie, lol. :lickcat"

Have a very Merry Christmas and let's all paint the town red (and blue and green, etc......) next year!

Martha Thomas
Martha

Postby maryann » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:55 pm

Thanks Marci for the video lesson. I do much better with seeing how it's done. I did use the snowflakes this year on my christmas cookie plates and I loved it. I am going to try the off the design look next year.
Thanks for all your hard work
Maryann
;clap;
maryann

Postby Mary Lou » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:43 am

;thanks; Thank you Marci. You created an excellent video. It is fun to see just how those little lazer cut snowflakes are used. Great filming and presentation! ;bravo; Mary Lou
Mary Lou

Postby marcib » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:04 am

thanks, guys for the kind words..
Like I said, this is just the beginning of the videos..
Sol, I loved the pieces you posted... and yes, there are lots of great ways to use the laser cuts.. I plan to post other ideas as well.. The ones you posted look similar to a butterfly piece I did and similar to the wiped off edges in the video...
YOu apply the laser cuts, then sponge paint over them.. then take apaper twoel and wipe off ALL of the paint again ... but enough catches in the ridges of the design that when you peel off the laser cuts, the design looks like penwork ... This can be even done with sugar water or a drying water based medium. and then painted over with washes of color with an oil medium ..or with lusters...
They can even be used with the White Velvet or matt white paint... and then Mother of Pearl on the next fire for a white on white effect ...
And Sol, as to how I filmed : I tried different things... different placements with the tripod but no matter where I placved the camera and teh lights, I always shadowed my hand.. or the angle was odd... so what I finally ended up doing was:
I brought ion one of our gooseneck microphone stands, taped the tripod to that and then pulled the stand over in front of me... so the camera was right in front of me and then I was able to paint in a normal painting position ... and film in that same position ..
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Postby Reney » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:50 am

Wow Marci, these are great videos. There is no end as to what we can now do with stickers and the ornament is so cute. I just love it! Sorry to be a little late in catching up here. Thank you so much for taking the time to put this lesson together for all to enjoy. Hope your trip to Buffalo was a wonderful one and you had a great Christmas. Happy New Year! :ppio: ;clap; ;clap; Irene
Reney

PreviousNext

Return to Holiday Designs