____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Laser cut paper ornament- VIDEO part 1, 2 and 3

Christmas Ornament by Beverly Stone

Re: Laser cut paper ornament- VIDEO part 1, 2 and 3

Postby Lynn » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:49 am

Your videos were wonderful. Could you tell us the consistency of the china paint when you sponge it on?
Lynn

Postby marcib » Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:46 pm

HI Lynn,
I thin it down to a creamy ,paintable consistency ... You ll be able to figure it out if you just try it.. Too stiff and you wont be able to get the paint on evenly or at all ...too thin and it will run ...
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Postby Sheila » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:34 am

Marci, you're the best!!! That is a great way to make a cute, nice gift! Fast too! Have a wonderful New Year...Sheila ;bravo;
Sheila

Postby marcib » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:51 pm

Thanks, Sheila
Its fun too....
I also have done plates with the snowmen... Its cute with the plates that have the double gold band that forms a border...
I mark out 6 spaces where I want to put the snowmen..then I lay out the snowflakes( and I lay some of them over the border so they are half into the border and half into the central area of the plate...Also scatter a few in the center part...
Then sponge the whole border with the blue ...and also sponge over the flakes that are not in the border...
Wipe out the snowmen . I like to give each snowman a different hat ( top hat, stocking cap,straw hat etc) and different color scarves which makes it really colorful

Then I wipe off any paint that is on the inside part of the plate ( anything not in the border) ....
Marci >^..^< (x 8 )
sign for for the free mailing list at www.PPIO.com
www.MarciBlattenberger.com
marcib
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Holiday Designs