____ ppioforum.com

______A place for PPIO folks to share photos and lessons.In addition to this forum , you can sign up for our free mailing list on our main website at www.PPIO.com.

Is This Plate a Lost Cause?

Is This Plate a Lost Cause?

Postby casualcottage » Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:45 pm

I'm new to porcelain painting and the forum. Would love some feedback on this plate. In trying to create some depth under the roses, I've ended up with a dark green blob! Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do with this now or should it just be added to my pile of misfits?

Marilyn
casualcottage

Re: Is This Plate a Lost Cause?

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:33 pm

Marilyn, your plate is not a lost cause. I printed off a copy of your plate and penciled in some suggestions for you.

See next comment and I will have the print out of your plate with my suggestions.

Starting at the top of your plate, I penciled in some dark color to anchor your design and also to define the roses a little more. I added extra leaves and an additional rose to create an odd number of roses. Where your dark punches were I extended them out under the leaves creating shadow leaves and stems. Since the stem went off the plate on the left as I am looking at the plate I brought back three leaves at the bottom to add a little unexpected interest and to help balance out the design.

You are going to be a great painter.
Hope my suggestions help.
Happy Painting, Linda Tiller
Linda

Postby Linda » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Here is the print out of your plate with my suggestions penciled in
Linda

Postby casualcottage » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:50 am

Linda,. thank you so much for taking the time to help me! ;thanks; I will certainly work on your suggestions and post a pic when it's complete.

Marilyn
casualcottage

Return to Albums C-D-E